TXP Community Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TXP2 Development Diary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: TXP2 Development Diary Reply with quote

Ever since Doc passed away, I've realized that TXP2 now will have to be released. Not that it didn't have to earlier, but now I feel a much stronger commitment of finishing it to honor his memory. I've been very tired, though - both physically and mentally, and the task has seemed a bit daunting. TXP2 will not be released in a rush, and I've decided to add some of the stuff that Doc & myself discussed previously, before it is released. This includes for instance the rocket which can be launched from the rocket gantry, and in order to make that happen, I'll need to make a 3di tool first, and also figure out more things related to the 3di format.

I will split the task of releasing TXP2 up into smaller tasks, and I will post the list below here later. Each of the main tasks will have its own topic inside the other forums here (links will posted below), and I'll add daily progress reports to them. These will form a TXP2 Development Diary for the remaining TXP2 work, until it is released. I can't work on this every single day, but I'll try to add as much detail as possible for those days I do work on it.

TO-DO list (content will be changed and links added)...:

01. Finish texturing the original DF2 Hooks building
02. Finish the rocket which can be launched from the rocket gantry, as best I can without having the X3di tool to help me
03. Add more TXP2 items, including sliding items, rotating items, elevating items, non-destroyable items and special items like letters, numbers, etc.
04. Add more and/or adjust length/quality of existing TXP2 sounds
05. Fix TXP2 items, including door sizes, texture coordinates, rotation speed, material types, etc.
06. Produce TXP2 Documentation
07. Create example maps and tutorials for TXP2 map makers
08. Test all parts of TXP2
09. Create installer package for TXP2
10. Create promotion material for TXP2, including forum posts, pictures and videos
11. Request a CB update from the GolD guys in order to make TXP2 CB compatible (this won't have any influence on the release date of TXP2)
12. Release TXP2 at April 11, 2008

Last edited by Q-dad on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
jabo1SFH

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill help in any way i can bro. i wish i knew something about modding to help you out.

Twisted Evil

Last edited by jabo1SFH on Thu May 10, 2007 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BulletMagnet

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get-R-Done Q. I know i couldnt help you in anyway as i know 100x's less than you. Your 3di tool will be a great boom for the df2 community. I wish i could help, i would certainly help promote it.
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXP2 development has been suspended until further notice... (no, that doesn't mean it has been cancelled, only suspended). I'll be back when real life is through with me.

BulletMagnet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang....

I still don't get bothered by real-life things, im still a teenager lol so i pretty much can do what i want.
ManKiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEy Q-Dad,

Sorry I have been away for awhile over in Iraq again now for the forth time.. I saw that another one of our bothers passed away.. Could you please email me the details at junkyarddog68@msn.com and if there is a forum where i could post my appreciation for a gaming member and a brother.. I know i havent played DF2 for a long time.. I have been in BHD, Joint Ops and now Adance Warfare Joint Ops..Which has basically copied a part of the shockN aw mod of bhd deactided to Dr Evil... Both Shock N AW and AW Mods are good in their own way.. And I know you've been doing you best to get txp2 out.. wish i was able to help you with it for i'm a dummy with pcs.. anyways.. how about a Big tomb stone or something with Dr.Evil ~TAG!~'s name on it for the game.. He was a true friend to me also.. and want to see him remembered..

Ive created two squad since my time of nova logic games.. JTF of DF@ was the first.. and Knights Of Honor in BHD is the second.. MY next one is goona be in joint Ops called Evil's Corpman after Dr.Evil.. right now both squads still going.. I wish you the best in getting txp 2 out brother for i know you have alot of work ahead of you!
V/R,
Jd
aka ManKiller
PS: <SR> is no more ,except for its orginally generals due to issues with its squad.. two face as it was.. but all is forgiven and forgotten!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for those very kind words, Mankiller. Yes, the task of releasing TXP2 will include a lot of work, but last weekend I happened to finally find a long lost 200+ MB RAR file, which I believe includes all of the install and resource files of the last TXP2 beta from some 2 years back, and if this proves correct, it should be a lot easier to put it all together before the release. There are still a few things made by Doc and myself after that last beta, but I believe I should be able to sort those things out in a few weeks, saving the last months before the release to polish the final product and maybe add a few more things to it.

About that tombstone, a memorial stone has already been made by EE for BHD/JO. If I get the time for it, I'll try to convert it to DF2 before the release.

About the best place for posting your appreciations for Doc, I would say his own TxpGone3D site, more precisely this thread, started by Christa, his widow...: http://txpgone3d.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77 (you'll have to register before posting, I believe...)

Tomkat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted you to know, my offer to help in any way I can is still valid!

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with DF2...

I have to spend extra time making my maps "Prone Jump" proof...

Too many items with "non-solid" parts (especially rooftops)...

etc, etc, etc.

Therefore, I hope TXP provides some satisfaction by resolving some of these issues!
Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but not with TXP2... Afterwards, though...

BulletMagnet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must finish X3di first Smile

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following has been removed from the TXP2 project and will instead be added to future projects...:

01. Make X3di (unofficial, basic version)
04. Add similar "elevator item" definitions as the rocket (using X3di)
05. Convert items to DF2 from other early DF games (using X3di)
06. Create/import new items to DF2 (using X3di)

The TO-DO list at the start of this topic has been updated & modified accordingly.

jabo1SFH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jabo1SFH wrote:
ill help in any way i can bro.

Twisted Evil

still a standing offer q.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jabo1SFH wrote:
jabo1SFH wrote:
ill help in any way i can bro.

Twisted Evil

still a standing offer q.

Q needs no help, for he hath the DF2 source code in his hands Smile

Actually, have you even written a DF2 MOD/Tool yet?

That will be weird if you haven't since you have so much info.
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I'm trying to figure out what Doc and myself have made after the last beta was released in Sep 2004, locate all the "missing" files, and put together a new non-public beta installer. This beta will aslo include additional items and stuff which I will work on in the coming weeks.

Afterwards, the new beta will have to be tested, and maybe some new maps could be made for it. If some of you would be willing to be part of that, you're very welcome. This will probably happen in February.

BulletMagnet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd gladly make some SP maps, I fully integrate them with pics and briefings, and sounds so just tell me if you would like me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TXP Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: