TXP Community Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Hello :) Reply with quote

I'm alive and kicking - how about you guys?

I haven't been gaming since those fun DF2 days.. Until now!
I had some time off recently and couldn't be bothered with any of the more important projects in my life, I just wanted to game! So I was looking at a few of these survival/crafting titles that have been popular lately; games like Rust, DayZ, h1z1 which all look great (and I realized that it was in this direction I wanted to push txp with that ragnarok idea), but partly because I'm only using a laptop from a few years back and being worried about specs I ended up with this total newcomer called Hurtworld. It's really fun! And the developers are keeping busy adding more content and changing gameplay after feedback from the community.

Today the developers announced that they will soon be releasing the SDK - as in map/terrain editor and modding possibilities. The terrain is built on a heightmap - just as DF2. And the game runs on the Unity engine which has a ton of documentation and other games running on it.

I immediately got stoked, and started thinking if old TXP terrains might work on this and how difficult or not it is to make content. Hell, should I make a new MMH site? (probably no lol)

Are you guys still gaming or building?
BulletMagnet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always gaming. Replaying the early Call of Duty (WWII) games right now, as well as Fallout 4.
varg

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm halfway through building my first map for this Hurtworld game. So much fun, using Unity is pretty straight forward, but unlike the map editor of df2 or the various tools and programs we had to make ourselves to force creative solutions, or new objects into Delta Force - this has basically no limits! I can not believe it is free.

Really looking forward to testing the map/terrain I've been building ingame later tonight. Go buy Hurtworld and join me, it's like $20 and I could use some old MMH compadres to build and mod with.
varg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to take me anything from a few hours to weeks making a map for DF2. Learning unity and making this map for Hurtwold took almost a year!
But it was very fun. They're working on adding a TDM functin now, and it got me thinking about re-visiting some of the old DF2 maps i did back in the day.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757228588
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TXP Forum Index -> General DF2 discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: