TXP Community Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TXP2 Development Diary - January 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: TXP2 Development Diary - January 2010 Reply with quote

We'll open the TXP2 Development Diary with a quote from the first post this year inside the development forum, in a topic called...:

"Oops, yet another year suddenly went by..."
Q-dad wrote:
..., and TXP2 has still not been released...! Embarassed

Let's get together and not let that happen again...

I wish you all a Happy New Year, and may the (Delta) Force (2) be with you...! Very Happy

There WILL be some changes here very soon. I'll post about it in an Announcement during this weekend...

One of the promised changes was to give the TXP2 Development Diary a rebirth. I originally intended to submit articles here on a daily basis, or whenever we had done something, but I soon changed it to weekly, but now we've ended up with doing it on a monthly basis.

We were quite optimistic at the start of the year. That said, it didn't actually happen much in January, and if it weren't for Bustin, this article would have been a text-only article...

New TXP2 skins

Bustin started early in January to create new skins for existing DF2 items, and even if all of them aren't completely finished yet, we'll post some screen shots of them below... In addition to those, he's got a few more ideas for skinning, among them...:

- a camo blackhawk
- a black variant hummer
- a camo version of the river boat
- a rescue version of the blackhawk (if we can manage to remove the gunner from it)
- acu patterns for the tents and things like that

We'll also be experimenting with higher resolutions for the skins and see how the game engine reacts to that...

The new BRDM jungle camo skin...:

The new BRDM desert camo skin...:

The new BRDM snow camo skin...:

The new cot jungle camo skin...:

The new cot desert camo skin...:

The new cot snow camo skin...:

The new oil tank skin...:

The new pickup skin...:

The new rusty wall skin...:

We haven't heard from Bustin since back then. He's probably just busy at work, and we're hoping he's safe and in good spirit.

Making converted items solid

Back in 2009, Tomkat figured out a much simpler way of making items solid, something which made the task of making solid the converted items from DF1, AF3, etc. possible. Tomkat has made some of them solid already, and BulletMagnet and myself have also had a try at it. There are still lots of items left to be made solid, though, but during January none of them were being processed. On January 29th, Tomkat posted this...:

Tomkat wrote:
As of today, I am attempting to re-commit myself to making items solid.

I'll have to start out slowly, due to the pace of my life, so right now...
My goal is to complete 1 item per week.

We'll see how it goes. Wink

Indeed we will... in the next article, coming soon... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TXP Forum Index -> TXP2 Development Diary All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: