TXP Community Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Updated TXP2 release date
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Updated TXP2 release date Reply with quote

To those who have waited for TXP2 being released at October 31st, I'm sorry having to disappoint you and say that we have failed, yet again, to fulfill our promises. There simply wasn't enough time available for the development crew to make this happen on schedule. Lots of new stuff have been added so far, but still a lot of stuff remains to be completed before one could say that TXP2 is finished and ready for release.

The positive news is that we're still motivated to continue working on TXP2, even if the numbers of active DF2 players out there are decreasing day by day. Those who really loves this game will continue to do so, no matter if TXP2 gets released on a certain date or not. We'll be making no more promises about TXP2, other than that some happy day it WILL be released, and that day is...:

When it's finished...

Pause

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No excuses! Your punishment:

1 - Indestructable & Multiplayer Rideable Blackhawk Heli

Please and thank you Wink
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pause wrote:

Making it indestructable isn't hard. We even added one, but we removed it again, since players can glitch inside the Blackhawk, being able to shoot out while at the same time not being able to be seen and targeted from the outside. If the BH is indestructable, one cannot even shoot the bugger down...

The erratic movement of the choppers, especially in multiplayer, is an engine flaw and nothing we will be able to fix with TXP2. Maybe in the next project, where we will try to mod the DF2 game engine.
Pause

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to edit the properties of certain walls in the BH like was edited on the metal arch bridge? This way the only place to stand is within the small square inside the bay.

I only mention this, because having an indestructible BH would make for some variety, giving some players the ability to provide air support to ground troops running flags, adding a new dimension of tactics to the game.

One last thing, you guys are doing awesome work, and the community is looking forward to the completion and release of txp2. We're behind you 100%!
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, we will look into this further and see what can be done. Smile
Tomkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would REALLY help if there were more people involved in the process.

I thought my "Making Items Solid Tutorial" would help in that regard by getting more people on board, but I guess not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tomkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-dad wrote:
Pause wrote:

Making it indestructable isn't hard. We even added one, but we removed it again, since players can glitch inside the Blackhawk, being able to shoot out while at the same time not being able to be seen and targeted from the outside. If the BH is indestructable, one cannot even shoot the bugger down...

The erratic movement of the choppers, especially in multiplayer, is an engine flaw and nothing we will be able to fix with TXP2. Maybe in the next project, where we will try to mod the DF2 game engine.

You know, I just had a strange thought...
I'm just brainstorming here... maybe I'm crazy but,

Since it is possible to make emplaced weapons fly (via an item property edit), couldn't we just make a "copy" of an emplaced weapon, then change it's graphic to that of a chopper?

We might have to "tweak" it some to make it behave properly, but I would think the end result would be a chopper that a player can "attach" to like an emplaced weapon. Thus solving the problem of players falling out due to lag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tomkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, it doesn't work... the "attachable" aspect of the item's graphic must be defined in the .3di file, somewhere.
Bustin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about skinning things for variety, but with work, army, wife and 2 kids I would be useless tearing apart coded bytes in a hex file.
Tomkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomkat wrote:
Never mind, it doesn't work... the "attachable" aspect of the item's graphic must be defined in the .3di file, somewhere.

Actually, it DOES work!!! (Some item tweaking required)

Read about it here...

http://txp.df2.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=4709#4709
Tomkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bustin wrote:
I'm all about skinning things for variety, but with work, army, wife and 2 kids I would be useless tearing apart coded bytes in a hex file.

Well, if this concept gets implemented, we'll need some way to distinguish the "normal" choppers from the "attachable/shootable" ones... which would involve skinning... you up for it?
Pause

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinning = ? recoloring? How about a camo green bh instead of a black? Or, can we give it coloring properties like the Edbro, that changes with the maps "color" properties?

also.. on your point there about making items "fly", tom... can u make the same edit to make spawn points "fly". For example.. I have a map where I would like to have the spawns move with a convoy.. so where ever the convoy gets intercepted, that's where the players spawn.

Last edited by Pause on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bustin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys can remove the gunner from the Blackhawk I'll make a couple versions of it such as a medic and search and rescue.

Hell I'll even do a civilian variant white and orange Smile
Pause

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by medic version, Bustin? Just color scheme, or is there a way to make the heli transport ammo/health crates?
Q-dad
Rocket Man
Rocket Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he's talking about new skins, pause, not new game features...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TXP Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: